Outrun the risks
Our Short Term Team and Health teams objective is to provide unique, cost effective risk solutions, we adopt a pragmatic and holistic risk management approach, which ensures that all risks are identified, minimised and, when necessary, transferred via the insurance mechanism
We guide our clients in analysing their risk exposures, highlighting both the insured and uninsured risks. Clients purchase insurance with total peace of mind, which in turn enables them to concentrate on what they do best, their business.
True wealth starts with how you spend today
Our risk planning solutions include
Health & Wellness
The saying goes that an apple a day will keep the doctor away. Unfortunately, it is not always that simple. South African health care is amongst the most expensive in the world. A good medical aid scheme can help you overcome very high costs in a time of trauma.
The Afken Group is registered under the Medical Schemes Act in South Africa and our specialists can advise you on what products best suit your individual or business needs.
Key Points to remember
- Make sure you insure against the major costs of medical emergencies before thinking of the minor ones.
- Be certain that your medical aid covers hospital, chronic medication (if this is needed) and costly out of hospital procedures like MRI and CAT scans.
- If you are funding your own medical aid, or are part of a company medical aid scheme, you need to know just what you are not covered for!
- It is important to remember that penalties may be levied by medical aids if you have not been a member of a Medical Aid for a period of time, better not delay joining-the sooner the better!
- Prevention is better than cure, give yourself peace of mind.
Promotion of a healthy lifestyle is becoming more prevalent in South Africa and medical aids are promoting healthy living comprising of regular exercise and good eating habits as they have realised the importance of well being and lower medical costs.
Life cover, Disability, Severe illness & Income protection
SHORT TERM INSURANCE
Car, home & buildings
In most households, short-term insurance premiums form a large part of the budget. If you can save on these premiums and get the same or better cover, you can then use that “saved” premium in other areas of your wealth building strategy.
Vehicle insurance is no longer an option, it’s as essential as the fuel in your tank and the air in your tyres. With so many cars on our roads these days, the chances of being involved in an accident are higher than they’ve ever been. Unfortunately we are also more at risk of becoming victims of hijackers and stolen vehicles.
Afken offers three types of cover for your vehicle:
- Comprehensive (includes Accident Cover, Third Party, Fire & Theft).
- Third part fire and theft
- Third party only
Household Contents Cover
Household Contents Insurance is absolutely vital. Just think about everything you have in your home, from your furniture to your curtains, appliances to your artworks and think about how much time and money you spent on every single item. Now imagine how much it would cost to replace all of that.
We offer cover for general valuables, those items you usually wear or carry while away from home ‘like your clothing, briefcase or handbag. You can also specify individual items like cell phones, laptops, spectacles, bicycles, jewellery etc. to be insured for an amount of your choice, remember, it’s often the smallest things that are the most valuable so don’t neglect to insure them.
Homeowners Insurance (also called Building Insurance) is designed to protect you financially against accidental loss or damage to the physical structure of your property.
Every day you leave home with an array of valuable goods and apart from the inconvenience you experience when losing these items, replacing them could be costly.
- You can insure items such as cell phones, jewellery, cameras, expensive clothing, fire arms, laptop computers etc.
- There is wider cover with no geographical limits
No matter how sunny the sky or tranquil the waters, an unfortunate watercraft accident can have some dreadful consequences.
This option covers:
- Yachts, catamarans, dinghies, motor boats, rubber ducks and jet skis etc.
- All machinery and motors, standard fittings, gears, equipment and fitted accessories included
- Not only when the craft is ashore or afloat, but also when transported
- Medical costs, third party liability and optional water-skiers liability cover is included
Art & Private Client Cover
Our art and private client options cover the breadth of high value assets from museums and mansions to holiday homes and exotic cars.
- High value household and contents
- Fine Art
- Classic Cars
We insure everything from the Cape Silver through to Georgian Furniture, from Fine Porcelain to Bronze Sculpture, from paintings by the masters to the Contemporary, from stamps to sporting memorabilia, from books to coins to jewellery.
Whether you’re a private collector, corporation, museum, commercial gallery or auctioneer, we can cover your artworks for risks of loss or damage.
From the restoration of fragile or mixed media contemporary art to the recovery of stolen works.
The range of art we insure is as diverse as the people who buy, sell and show it. We also offer bespoke cover for a range of specialist collectibles including musical instruments, classic cars, vintage aircraft and stamps.
There will always be risk in business. Thankfully, you can plan for it.